Pages

Friday, May 12, 2006

"Junk" review


Junk (2000)
AKA: Junk: Shiryô-gari

Directed by Atsushi Muroga

Nobuyuki Asano.... Jun
Shû Ehara.... Akira
Tate Gouta.... Ramon
Natsuki Ozawa

I bought this DVD. A bunch of thieves go to a warehouse to sell their stolen jewels to the Yakusa. It's too bad for them that the military was experimenting with zombies there. Soon everybody will have to fight for their lives as the zombies are starving for gangster brains.

Basically, "Junk" is a Japanese Blender movie. They didn't want to make just a Zombie movie. They wanted a Yakusa movie and a Heist Movie as well. So they shoved all the genres in the Blender and let it rip. If you're a B-movie nut, you'll get into it. There's plenty of good gore and gut munching. If you're not a B-movie nut, you probably don't know this movie exists and are not reading this review anyway. Either way, I say go for it.

One last thought, I love Jack Boots. All women look good in boots, especially Jack Boots. You know, the boots that go all the way up and over the knee. The kind of boots Ilsa wears, (in "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS" among others). "Junk" has a Zombie babe attacking wearing Jack Boots. My God, it was ecstasy for me. That's how I want to go out: A Zombie babe lusting for my brains as she tears into my neck. When the darkness washes over me, I'll reach out to touch her boots one last time. Ahhhhhh....

SCORE: 3 out of 4 zombie babes in jack boots

No comments: