Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2006

"Death Valley: The Revenge of Bloody Bill" review

Death Valley: The Revenge of Bloody Bill (2004)

Directed by Byron Werner
Writing credits John Yuan Matt Yuan

Chelsea Jean.... Gwen
Jeremy Bouvet.... Bloody Bill
Gregory Bastien.... Earl
Denise Boutte.... Mandy

A bunch of teens...that's the way these movies always start, teens in bunches. Anyway, a bunch of teens get sidetracked on their way to a debate. They end up in a ghost town filled with zombies. Or maybe it's a zombie town. Bloody Bill is the king zombie. He wants revenge for something that happened during the civil war. So the teens will pay for being teens in Bill town. Bloody bill will bang his zombie head to harsh metal while dealing out death. Kill Bill Kill.

This was a decent straight to video zombie flick. There was enough gore here to let me overlook any other B-movie deficiencies. Somehow zombies are becoming associated with metal music. After "Dawn of the Dead" blasting eardrums with "Down with the Sickness", "Bloody Bill" continues the zombie/metal love affair. Every time Bill and friends were chasing teens, it was metal time. From beyond the grave, Bill rocks on.

SCORE: 2.5 out of 4 hard rocking monsters

6 comments:

Ronald_McMurder said...

what else should they play when zombies are chasing (or shambling) after their scantily clad prey, doc? polka?

Dr. Gore said...

"Weird Al" can make polka rock. Zombies might want to polka. I'm thinking just generally scary music. Goblin, etc.

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten the name of this movie. I searched forever and then finally, after reading through a ton of horror titles,remembered this was the one that I was searching for.I watch too many movies to remember all the titles. I have been trying to find the soundtrack for it with no luck. There is one song played at the end of the movie that I really liked, but I have no idea what the name of it is. All that I remember for certain was that some of the lyrics talked about loving and then killing you... I tried to write down the artist at the time I rented the movie, but the credits were blurry and I could not make out the name of the song or who it was by. Do you know what song I am talking about? If you know the name of it or who it is by I would like to know. Thanks for your help!!

Dr. Gore said...

Hey,

I have no idea who sang the song at the end. Actually, I have no idea who sang any of the songs. But for some reason I feel like Gwar should be doing the soundtrack for this movie. It just feels right.

Mats said...

Ralph Rieckermann made and performed the songs for the soundtrack.

Kiefer said...

i can't find the song bill will kill