Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2006

"Nothing but Trouble" review




Nothing But Trouble (1991)

Directed by Dan Aykroyd
Writing credits Peter Aykroyd Dan Aykroyd

Chevy Chase .... Chris Thorne
Dan Aykroyd .... Judge Alvin 'J.P' Valkenheiser & Bobo
John Candy .... Dennis & Eldona
Demi Moore .... Diane Lightson

"Nothing but Trouble" holds a special place on my all-time, worst movies ever list of shame. It's easily one of the top 10 worst movies. But it also holds the distinction of being one of the very few movies I've ever walked out on. Yes. It is with great shame that I must confess that I saw this garbage in the movie theater. When I saw Demi Moore being held captive by two disgusting blobs, I knew I had hit the nadir. One blob screamed, "I want...another bowl of cereal!" I wanted to leave with my stomach intact. I bolted for the exits. My family was with me and had to leave too since I had the car keys. I have no idea how this movie ends and I want to keep it that way. Stick this movie in a time capsule and never dig it up. Better yet, burn the negatives to keep some poor, cold family warm. Do something useful with this junk because to watch this movie is to hate this movie. The fact that so many talented comedians were in this flotsam makes it sting even harder. I don't know how this train wreck could be allowed to happen. I just know that no human being should have to sit through it.

SCORE: LANDFILL

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite movies of al.l time. I don't get all the hate. It is hilarious and well acted. The judge was a crack up, the facial expressions of everyone were great. I've seen this movie 9 times. Alot of wit too. Get a life.

Anonymous said...

Without question, on my top FIVE worst movie list, for all the reasons cited.

Anonymous said...

I own this video, however i can no longer see the cover as my spitting anoconda often blows jizz chunks of cum on demis face

Dr. Gore said...

But why "Nothing but Trouble"? Wouldn't the anaconda prefer "Striptease" or "Indecent Proposal"? Or anything besides this horrible movie?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! EVERYTHING ABOUT "Nothing But Trouble" was pure Ackroyd, Chase and Candy's dark side of comedy. Yes, it was silly but it was pure fun! Loved the Latin brother and sister team of (Taylor Negron) Falsteau Squeerrgizzis-s-s. My favorite scene is them sitting around that funky table eating ants on a log and hotdogs when Candy appears in drag as Aldonia! Demi Moore looked great in it too. It's a fun movie and I never tire of popping the video in once a year for a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

The ability to escape the doldrums of conventional comedy is what makes something groundbreaking and refreshing, in my opinion.
Aykroyd starts in the mainstream, and quickly 'veers left' to allow our childish imaginations an opportunity to sit in wonderment and idle amusement as his jack-of- all-trades style unveils an uproarious trip to the antipodes. Highly recommended. Not to mention the appearance of digital underground! Woot woot.

Anonymous said...

I love this movie:Everything from the sets(which must have cost plenty),to the acting, to the wry dialogue.It helps, I suppose, that Ive always been fonder of dishabille or noir than of mainstream taste.

Dr. Gore said...

You are all insane. This movie is terrible. Awful. Waste of talent. Garbage. I say again, LANDFILL.

Anonymous said...

simply stopping by to say hello

Dr. Gore said...

Hello.

Unknown said...

This was a great movie for me personally. I've seen it over 30 times, and LOVE it. Yeah, it's kind of cheesy, but I think we need a SEQUEL!!

Unknown said...

An all time fav. Suits my irreverent sense of humor. I've recently recommended to my 23 year old son as to keep comedic tradition alive and well. The power hitters all assembled in this off the wall cult classic are always good for a laugh. Definitely my brand of weird!!!

Gina said...

You've seen it 9 times and the critic needs to get a life?