Pages

Sunday, April 09, 2006

"Tarzan and the Lost City" review

Tarzan and the Lost City (1998)

Directed by Carl Schenkel
Writing credits Bayard Johnson

Casper Van Dien.... Tarzan/John Clayton
Jane March.... Jane Porter
Steven Waddington.... Nigel Ravens

I saw this one in the movie theater. Yeah, it was me, dad and about two other people. For some reason the filmmakers thought the world was ready for a new PG rated Tarzan flick. I am not a big Tarzan fan and the PG rating didn't thrill me but I thought I'd give Casper Van Dien the benefit of the doubt. Surely he could make a decent jungle action movie.

I was wrong. So terribly wrong. This sucker is one goofy Tarzan movie. The Lost City needs to stay lost. The PG rating turns this flick into a lame kiddie adventure movie. Even B-movie king Van Dien couldn't save this one from the elephant dung heap. Tarzan needs a better movie than this. The animals of the jungle wouldn't follow Van Dien anywhere.

SCORE: 1 out of 4 angry monkeys

No comments: