Pages

Sunday, July 02, 2006

"Return of the Living Dead" review


The Return of the Living Dead (1985)

Directed by Dan O'Bannon

Writing credits Dan O'Bannon

Clu Gulager.... Burt Wilson
James Karen.... Frank
Jewel Shepard.... Casey
Miguel A. Núñez Jr..... Spider
Brian Peck.... Scuz; 'Ant Farm' Zombie
Linnea Quigley.... Trash

A toxic gas escapes from a medical warehouse and infests a graveyard. Some punk rocker teens are partying down there when the dead start rising from the grave. It's brain eating time.

There are two good reasons to see this flick. One is Linnea Quigley. She spends a good portion of the movie naked. One of the best scenes has her dancing naked on a tombstone. A stellar B-movie moment. The other reason to see it is the copious amount of brain eating. The zombies want nothing more to do with you than to eat your brain. I had a flashback to one of the "Simpsons" Halloween episodes when I was watching this flick. The zombies in that episode also wanted a brain to eat but of course Homer didn't have enough of one to bother with.

"Return of the Living Dead" is a fun zombie flick. It has got Quigley's naked body and brain munching. You can't go wrong. I liked it.

SCORE: 3 out of 4 punk rocker Quigleys

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you`re right dr. gore this is a terrific film, and with regards to the series in general parts 2, 4, and 5 were pretty good as well, but i have to say that i think part 3 blows the other 4 films out of the water, primarily because it has the astounding "mindy clarke" who, in that film, is the most phenomenal gorgeous living dead bird i have ever seen, (yes, thats right, even more incredible than linnea quigley !!!). The special effects are superb as well, i`d like to hear your opinion on part 3 and the breathtaking miss clarke.

Dr. Gore said...

Yeah, I agree with you. "Return of the Living Dead 3" was the highlight of the series. That was actually the first one I saw and I loved it. Although I haven't seen 4 or 5 I still feel safe in saying that. I'm actually surprised and shocked by myself that I haven't reviewed it. Mindy Clarke is still one of the hottest zombies. There haven't been that many contenders to that particular throne although Linnea still holds a spot in my heart.