Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"Larva" review

Larva (2005)

Directed by Tim Cox
Writing credits Kenneth M. Badish Boaz Davidson

Vincent Ventresca.... Dr. Eli Rudkus
Rachel Hunter.... Hayley Anderson
William Forsythe.... Jacob Long

It's amazing the things I learn from B-movies. "Larva" taught me an important lesson in larva evolution. Little did I know that larva evolve into flying bat monsters. The townspeople feed their cattle some cheap feed and some larva. The creatures incubate and pop out as bat monsters. Much larva killing follows.

I have seen this movie a hundred million times before. Everything I would expect from a movie called "Larva" is here on display. From the evil corporate guy who wants the nosy scientist to shut his big fat yapper to the hot blonde lawyer who only wants to help and kill lots of flying larva, I have seen this movie before. I keep renting them on the off chance that they might have something a wee bit different to hold my interest. While there is nothing unique about "Larva", it does what it's supposed to do. Larvas explode from bellies and kill lots of people. There are plenty of bloody scenes as larva like to leave the intestines as messily as possible. If you're an undemanding monster movie lover, you'll probably get into it. It's worth a look.

SCORE: 2 out of 4 larva guts

No comments: