Pages

Friday, October 27, 2006

"Witchboard 2: The Devil's Doorway" review

Witchboard 2: The Devil's Doorway (1993)

Directed by Kevin Tenney
Writing credits Kevin Tenney

Ami Dolenz .... Paige
Christopher Michael Moore .... Jonas
Laraine Newman .... Elaine
Timothy Gibbs .... Mitch

I bought this video for two bucks. An artist moves into a haunted loft. Luckily for her, a Ouija Board comes with the apartment. Every fully furnished apartment needs one. A washer, a dryer, and a Ouija board. Soon she will attempt to make contact with the mysterious spirit hanging out at her pad. This leads to Ouija mayhem as the spirit is not as friendly as she might think but not nearly as evil as I would have liked.

You know, if there was a ghost living in my new apartment, I think I would move. I certainly wouldn't rush home to my Ouija board so I could make contact with whatever freeloading spirit happened to be crashing on my couch. The girl in this one gets addicted to using the Ouija, or Witchboard. There's a lot of Ouija action going on here, far too much for my taste. There are only so many scenes of the Ouija pointer going round and round I can watch and still call it entertainment. Once the malevolent spirit is revealed, it really doesn't do much of interest. All that Ouija work is wasted on a lazy spirit who doesn't have the time to dream up some diabolical deaths.

"Witchboard 2" can be skipped with a clear conscience. The deaths are sparse, the gore is minimal and the spirit is weak.

SCORE: 1.5 out of 4 fully Witchboard furnished lofts

No comments: